EADV Scholarships for the Congress
On behalf of the EADV Honours and Awards Committee, under the chairmanship of Prof. Dr. Milos Nikolic, we are pleased to offer several scholarship opportunities granting a 1000 EUR travel stipend, a waived registration fee for the 2023 Congress, and a free EADV membership for the year 2024, according to the status of each recipient. This opportunity is open to practicing dermatologists and venereologists, residents/trainees, and scientists in the field, under the age of 40.
The Michael Hornstein Memorial Scholarship is open to applicants working in:
Andorra; Armenia; Austria; Azerbaijan; Belarus; Belgium; Bosnia & Herzegovina; Bulgaria; Czech Republic; Denmark; Estonia; Finland; France; Georgia; Germany; Hungary; Iceland; Ireland; Isle of Man; Kosovo; Latvia; Liechtenstein; Lithuania; Luxembourg; North Macedonia; Republic of Moldova; The Netherlands; Norway; Poland; Romania; Russian Federation; Serbia; Slovakia; Slovenia; Sweden; Switzerland; Ukraine or the United Kingdom.
The scholarship will be awarded to one successful applicant per country. (In the case that the committee receives 10 or more eligible applications from the same country, there may be two winners from that country).
Criteria for Scholarship Applications
- Must be a Resident/Trainee, a Specialist, or a Scientist in Dermatology and/or Venereology under 40 years of age (at the time of the application)
- Must not have previously received one of the following EADV Scholarships: Michael Hornstein, John Stratigos and/or Imrich Sarkany Memorial Scholarships
- Must have adequate knowledge of the English language
- A complete Scholarship Application Form
- A recent CV (not more than 3 pages)
- A list of publications written in compliance with the below document:
How to prepare your list of publications (We advise interested candidates to carefully read the document as a new template and scoring system has been applied)
- A letter of support, written either by the training director/ head of department, hospital or clinic endorsing the applicant. The letter must be signed and stamped and written on the official organisation letterhead.
- An updated copy of the applicant’s training certificate in English, indicating the start and end date of residency OR specialist certificate (or a letter from the national society confirming one of these statuses)
- A copy of the ID (identity card or passport)
- A passport-size photo
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10 MAY 2023 – 23:59 CEST